Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wait, My Daughter, Wait.

Watching couples walking side by side,
With such a gleammer in their eyes,
Smiling, sunggling without a care,
Lord, when would I be there?


Turning left, turning right,
Trying to avoid every sight.
Weird, pityful stares come my way,
Oh, that poor girl, they say.


You should not be picky, just choose one!
As long as he loves you then he's the one!
Who cares about commitment?
Who cares if he's drunk?
Who cares if he's ambitionless?
Girl! Come on just choose one!


Do you think you're all that?
Tall, pretty and thin.
Do you think you're that fine pretty thing?
Let me tell you the truth, one by one,
That you are none of it and that's only number one!

You're not getting any younger waiting for him,
How do you even know that's even him?
He may already have someone in his heart,
It may not even be you,
That's the sad part.

Don't be silly, playing that waiting game,
Come on follow me and you'll be entertained.
They're not that bad, if you try and see,
As long as they show sincerity.

Temptation is one great enemy,
And I'm facing it so helplessly.
Whatever that was said,
Has so much meaning but no weight,
But, anxiousness has already taken shape.

Oh, Lord! It's not fair!!
I've suffered so much,
I've even waited, prayed and fast!
I've stood my ground and tried to be still,
Yet now, somehow, it does not seem real.

My dear daughter now focus and look at Me,
Don't fix your gaze on things you should not see.
You are a gem, My precious one,
Don't ever think of yourself as junk.

I've fashion and made you, so uniquely,
That it'll be meaningless to have a double copy.
Remember forever Psalms 139:14 said,
That you are fearfully and wonderfully made.

I love you so much please remember that,
Your one true love can't even beat that.
Wait and have faith is all you should do,
Even if he's not the one for you.

All these things happen,
Only to draw you close to Me.
To show you what it really means to be happy.
His love and care only last so long,
But Mine, My dear, you can safely hold on.

Yes, My gem, I know it's tough,
The waiting process is always rough.
But, the one thing you do not see,
Is that I'm molding you and getting you ready.

Ready for what?
That day you'll see.
Him, that guy,
Who had also gone through me.

So, stop being anxious and filled with self-pity,
Let your Author and Finisher do as He please.

Wait on Me and have strength,
Wait on Me and hold My hand.
Slowly see the story unfold,
My daughter, no matter what I love you so.

-Sharon Lim Soon Ai-

No comments: